Tuesday 30 December 2008

She slapped my bottom - in front of all the other women in the kitchen showroom

Here's a letter from Bruised, of Tooting Bec

"Dear Problem Lady,

I love my wife, and do everything I can to honour and obey her.

But sometimes she treats me like dirt. The other day, she dragged me to a kitchen showroom. What do I know about kitchens? It's not as if my opinion matters anyway. She wears the trousers, especially on matters of kitchen designs. I couldn't stand up to her if I knew how to.

Anyway, we're in this showroom, and the sales lady is talking designs to She WHo Must be Obeyed. When Alpha Saleswoman does talk to me, it's some patronising remark like "ooh, you'll be able to cook her breakfast, won't you" followed by "he can cook, can't he? Oh, you have got him well trained."

Anyway, I needed to rebel, so I made out my shoe-laces needed tying, and while I was down there, I tickled Her foot.

When I got up, she had a spatula in her hand. I couldn't believe what she did next.

She told me to stretch over the counter. While I was obeying her command, she gave me a mighty slap on the bottom.

"Behave yourself darling," she said. To further my embarrassment, all the other women in the showroom spontaneously applauded.

Has feminism gone too far?


Dear Bruised,

Feminism hasn't gone far enough, as far as I'm concerned.

You took a vow to love, honour and obey. Now get on with it.

No comments: